Thursday, July 28, 2005

Volleyball and other workouts

What is it about the combination of meeting new people, physical exertion and alcohol that quickly turns the conversation to sex?
After subbing in on a friend's co-ed rec volleyball team, the gang retired to a Lincoln Park bar.

Pitchers of beer: $6
Chicken or beef tacos: $1
Sex quiz: priceless

Okay, it didn't start out as a sex quiz as much as it was the team's attempt to figure out my perfect guy, my perfect date and my, ummm, "preferences."

I mean, PLEASE!!, my perfect guy is a conglomeration of several guys and outside of Frankenstein, I don't think they let you do that!

Although, while I'm on the topic, what ever happened to guys that like sports?!?! Honestly, most of the guys I meet (okay the few I've met lately) tell me that they're not really into sports. What planet are these guys from??

My perfect date? Well, that depends on the guy. Drinks at the 95th and dinner at Gibson's. Cubs game and beer at Murphy's or Bernie's. Bike riding down the lakefront to a southside beach. Thai food and lemonade at a neighborhood festival. People-watching at the international terminal at O'Hare (back when you could actually watch the arrivals). They were all great, for different reasons. Most of my best dates were great because they were creative and gave us an opportunity to get to KNOW each other!

Of course, then the team got down and dirty with the REAL questions:
What body type do you prefer a man have (ie. athletic type) - -baseball player or swimmer
Name the craziest place you've ever "done it" - - board room of a bank
What's your favorite position? - - woman on top (okay, I'm a control freak, sue me!)

As far as the position conversation....I have to say that most of the guys in the group (and one woman) preferred "doggy style." What they might not realize is that position doesn't work well for men that are, well,...not as well endowed. Well, it works okay for the guy, but not so well for the woman (and I speak from experience here!)

Oh, back to the questions..The men on the team all wanted to know (rather urgently, I must say) what is considered great foreplay.They couldn't quite get their minds around the idea that, for a lot of women, foreplay is a lot more than just a backrub or blowing in their ear.

Bringing home a nice bottle of wine to have with dinner. Conversing about trivial things while making dinner together and then washing and drying dishes together. Sitting together on the couch to watch a funny movie on DVD and remembering that she's ticklish behind her knee. The tickling becomes more intense until clothes are being removed and the DVD is paused....

The foreplay started when the man arrived home with the bottle of wine.

Does anybody GET THIS?

No comments: