Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Highlights of Christmas 2005

  • receiving a Christmas card from a colleague in London with a photo of his beautiful blue-eyed baby boy!
  • a surprise card from a friend who moved to China 2 years ago with news that she'll be in town for a visit sometime this summer!
  • finding out that not one, two or three, but FOUR PEOPLE I know have gotten engaged!! (and not to each other).
  • seeing several of my brothers (and one sister-in-law) wearing clothes I gave them on Christmas Day.
  • quote of the day from my 2 1/2-year-old niece, "I forgot to grow up." Geez! Can I borrow that?
  • watching the Bears thump the Packers to win the division and a playoff bye. Go Bears!
  • curling up on the sofa in front of my Christmas tree in my new Christmas-themed flannel jammies for a cup of green tea and cookies (thanks Mom!)
  • sleeping in on Monday!!

No comments: