Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Remodeling plan I

I'm very good at making grand plans. In fact, I've been planning to remodel the 1950s-era bathroom in my condo for the entire three years that I've lived there. Have I even gone so far as to secure an estimate?

Nope.

After another evening of HGTV (Home and Garden Television, for those of you in the Dark Ages), I decided that I could start the re-do season with a nice master bedroom remodel. Maybe it's the memory of the gorgeous beaches of Australia that's given me the idea of a beach-themed room. I'm talking about sunny yellow walls and bamboo hardwood floors (still thinking exotic) and a white wood combo drawers-and-cubes storage unit.

As I said, I'm VERY good at making plans. the actual DOING it part is what scares me.

But no longer!

Tonight I have an appointment with a contractor who will come to my place, measure my bedroom, bring color samples and discuss the particulars of the remodeling job.

I've even gone so far as to fax a sketch of my would-be storage unit to an ex-boyfriend who makes furniture (I know, probably NOT a good idea to involve him in ANYTHING that has to do with my bedroom). This is a business proposition, nothing more. Of course, I'll know if it's nothing more to him based on what he charges me.

Actually, I'm getting pretty excited about the whole new-look thing. Maybe a new look in my bedroom will result in new activity???

No comments: