Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Remodeling plan III: the destruction

I couldn't decide if I should look inside my bedroom while it's under construction, but since I really hate surprises, I had to peek.

Inside I saw a bare cement floor where once had been dingy gray carpeting. A long trench had been cut into the wall to hide the electrical line running from an outlet to my closet. (I still shake my head at my stupidity for allowing that cheap-ass electrician to leave the wire outside the wall, claiming that he couldn't get into the wall.)

The look I'm going for is "beach house." Wood floor and light walls make me think of summer, sun, ocean...all the things I don't have in winter in Chicago.

In three distinct blotches, I had painted varying hues of yellow named, curiously enough Confident, Decisive and Cheerful. The time was quickly approaching when I had to make my color choice.

Confident did not inspire confidence. It looked too much like mustard.

Decisive is nice, but I can't decide.

Cheerful caught my eye originally, but once I put it on the wall, it looked a bit orange. And "cheerful" isn't exactly the mood I want in a bedroom.

Does Sherwin Williams sell a color called "come-up-for-air-in-three-days sex?"

Speaking of my bed, it's become a queen-sized, pillow-topped island in the middle of my living room. Funny how a change in scenery can disrupt a relatively normal bodily function like sleep. I've had a lot of trouble sleeping there this week. Is there anything in the feng shui rules about having my bed face a 27-inch TV?

No comments: