Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Half-full or half-empty?

I awoke today to the ringing of my cell phone. It was my contractor, letting me know that he had just left the security desk in my building where he had dropped off a sample of a wood called cherry betula. I'm supposed to look at it and decide if I'd like to substitute that for the cracked bamboo flooring.

I looked at the clock. 7:10 am CRAP!!! My alarm didn't go off!

A near miss...

After rushing to get dressed for work, I surprised myself by actually remembering to leave from the front entrance so I could pick up the wood sample. (I often leave through the garage.)

Although I live in a big building, the security guard remembered me and told me that I had a package there, too. She handed it to me. The package arrived the previous day, but the notice didn't arrive in my mailbox until late last night. If she hadn't remembered, I wouldn't have received the package till tonight. No biggie, right?

The package contained my corporate tax return which is DUE TODAY!

Another near miss...

Am I being blessed with lucky coincidences or just barely avoiding catastrophe?

1 comment:

Paul the Limey said...

Lookout BEHIND YOU!!!!!