Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The other shoe has dropped

Well, Firecracker must have been right. When I voiced my surprise that Lion King didn't send me an email thanking me for Friday evening's entertainment, she mentioned that maybe he didn't have my email at home.

Yesterday I received a thank you email from Lion King with the following:

"(LOL) I know because I'm one of those smokers you would never date me, however, would you consider us going out to dinner some time?"

AARRGGHH!!! What part of "I don't date smokers" doesn't he understand??? And what's with the LOL??? Does he think I'm joking??

Even if he didn't smoke, there are other issues, namely: he lives about an hour away so he's GU (geographically undesirable) plus he owns FOUR cats! Hey, I love animals just as much as anyone, but a single guy that owns four cats is pretty far down the road toward crazy-hood!

I know what you're thinking...we could go to dinner as friends.

As many women know, it's not possible to go for a platonic dinner with a guy who's really "into you." You try to be friendly and have a nice time, but pretty soon he's calling all the time, finding ways to "accidentally" run into you, emailing you every little mildly interesting junk mail he's ever received - - anything to keep in contact with you.

Oh, and there's the whole volleyball thing. Whatever happens here will definitely end up as post-game fodder for the team (at least I think so).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...four cats? Jebus. Murphy is right, forget the smoke-stanky, the kitty pooh stank would be FAR worse.