Friday, August 24, 2007

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!


When I got home and saw that my bedroom door was closed, I knew there had been trouble. I knew I didn't close my door and I knew my roommate didn't close my door. I knew that because I have NO ROOMMATE.

Anyway, when I peeked inside, it was all I could do not to look around for Toto and shiny red pumps. Yes, boys and girls, a tornado had hit my condo (at least that's what the building management tried to tell me. Um, guys? a tornado in the city of Chicago would probably top all the Michael Vick stories on the news, doncha think?)

According to Mr. A-1 Numero Uno WGN TV meteorologist Tom Skilling, it was no tornado, but some pretty impressive 74 mile per hour winds that knocked out some windows in my building and quite handily tossed around my window air conditioner. In fact, I counted at least five deep scrapes in my fabulous new hardwood floors during the cleanup.

This is the type of stuff that homeowners' insurance is supposed to cover, right?

2 comments:

Maple said...

Wow! That's kind of scary! Good thing it wasn't actually a tornado or it could have been worse.

WDKY said...

I imagine so, but my question is... where did you spring from?

In the immortal words of that famous US politician - I'll be back!