Wednesday, December 21, 2005

On the road again

A friend once told me, "You know, if you had a reason to stay home (i.e. boyfriend, husband), you wouldn't be traveling so much."

I'm not sure if that was an attempt to identify my apparently socially crippling status as a 40-year-old single woman or just a statement of the incredibly obvious. Either way, I'm very happy and excited about my upcoming trips in 2006.

So there!

In January, Firecracker will be working in Connecticut and invited me to meet her in New York to hang out in the Big Apple one weekend. How fun will this be?!?!? Hotel in Times Square and a Broadway show!

Nothing in February...so far.

March for me means SPRING TRAINING. For one weekend, I get to escape the damp, bone-chilling cold that is Chicago in spring and make a break for it. How does this sound? Cold beer, hot sun and baseball? Firecracker and I will be cheering on our Cubs (and celebrating her birthday) in Arizona for one weekend in March.

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that I attended two weddings in Europe last summer. (Cha-ching!!) Another wedding is on the books, but it's local...sorta. A former colleague of mine ran off to a Justice of the Peace (how totally cute is that!), but the formal wedding celebration will be in April. I originally thought it would be in Chattanooga, Tennessee (where the bride is from), but rumor has it, the weekend will take place in North Carolina (where the bride's grandmother lives).

Oh, another minor complication to the April wedding celebration is the fact that the first day of it (April 7) is also the Chicago Cubs' home opener against the rat-bastard St. Louis Cardinals. Is it just me or am I a magnet for strange situations like this?

That brings me to May, which is almost SUMMER!!!!!! No need to go anywhere during summer in Chicago. Everything you'd want is right here - - warm weather, baseball, street fairs, music festivals, etc!!

Let's go '06!

1 comment:

Paul the Limey said...

Not to mention my favourite event "Taste of Chicago".

Can I come stay with you in 06 so that I can eat buffalo again at the Taste ?