Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A txt from afar

Well, color me surprised?!??!

My cell phone brrrinngg'd last night and it was a text message from Flight Attendant, home from his trip to London. He said my call made his day, he was sorry he missed my call, and he was home watching the Cubs game with a houseful of Cubbies (I'm guessing he meant friends, not the actual team players 'cause they were playing in Los Angeles.)

I thought, wait till he hears about my encounter with the team!! But I'll save that for a face-to-face encounter.

Anyway, back to text messaging... It's a tough way to get to know someone, but a very convenient and inexpensive way if they live far away (FA's in Ft. Lauderdale). He's much better at this text message stuff than I am, but we muddled through, texting back and forth as we sat and watched the same game, rooting for the same team, about a thousand miles apart.

He's flying to LA to watch tomorrow night's game and I am terribly jealous! Oh, how I would love to have the freedom to hop on a plane and go to another city on a whim! Of course, he did offer to take me with him (but I thought that might be pushing things for a first date!)

At 11 o'clock, I crawled into my freshly made bed in my freshly remodeled bedroom and texted that I would watch the remaining innings from bed because it's a school night.

FA wrote back, "Talk 2 ya 2morrow. Very glad you called. Go Cubs Go! G*Nite."

Although he didn't say when he'd be in Chicago again, I had to smile.

1 comment:

The Writer said...

Hey Murph,
Orioles fan?!?!? The Cubs are going to put the Orioles on our Christmas list for taking all of our crap, i.e. Sammy Sosa, Corey Patterson, etc. (I know CP hit a 2-run HR, but still...)