Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Keeping the door open

A few years back, I dated a guy who got angry when he discovered that I was still listed on the online dating service Match.com while we were dating. He was really mad, or maybe he was hurt, I don't know, but he wanted me to de-activate my profile. Whatever.

I never expected to find "my soulmate" on Match, so it didn't really matter to me that my profile was still active. Before you start to wonder, no! I'm not active on Match.com anymore.

Anyway, I was really bored at home the other night, so I thought I'd see if the Match.com talent pool was as shallow now as it was then. Surprisingly enough, my specifc search turned up quite a few attractive men. And then I came across one that I recognized. It took a few minutes, but I realized that the guy lives down the hall from me...with his girlfriend and her daughter!

Wonder if she'd be as angry as my boyfriend was?

No comments: