Friday, May 19, 2006

Another station heard from

I get a lot of spam. Okay, everybody gets lots of spam. Usually, I just delete it without opening it, but today something seemed familair about one email although I didn't recognize the sender's name.

So I opened it.

"Hey Writer,
It was nice getting to catch up with you a little bit over the weekend. This week's a bit busy with volleyball and softball, but maybe we can get together next Friday. Let me know what works for you.
The Editor"

Okay, so it wasn't really signed "The Editor" but you know how things work on the Internet (protecting privacy and all that).

Trouble was, I sat there thinking, "Who is the Editor?" Did I meet somebody by that name while out with FC2? At a Cubs game maybe?

I racked my brain for an answer.

The Editor? The Editor? Who is this guy?

Well, let's see: there's FA, Lion King, Cub Fan, the Announcer, Dancing Lawyer...jeez! did somebody dip me in pheromones while I was sleeping or what??

3 comments:

Steph said...

So did you respond?

The Writer said...

Hi Steph,
Actually, no, I haven't responded. It's my former boss who is a nice guy, but he's never moved beyond his life of, say, 10 or 20 years ago. Still doing the same things, seeing the same people, never growning or changing. I don't think it would be a nice meeting and I'm not sure why he's even contacting me.

Paul the Limey said...

Possibly because you are very difficult to forget ?

xxx