Thursday, May 25, 2006

Plan B

In an uncharacteristically disciplined move, I managed to plan and execute a three-day-a-week workout for a whole six months! The result?

Zilch! Absolutely no weight loss and no inches lost. I know they say "you're clothes will fit better." Bullshit! WTF?!?!

Those readers that actually know me in person know that I'm not fat. Far from it. I realize that, but I also know that in the last five years, I've gained a total of 15 pounds. I hadn't gained that much in the previous 15 years combined! When you're small, 15 pounds is like tying a pillow around your ass and trying to slip on a knit skirt over it.

Anyway, I've decided to go to Plan B.

Food is one of my favorite four-letter words, so Plan B might be tough to implement, but I'm going to give it a try...for two weeks. During this time, I will eat no white bread and no sugar. I didn't read this diet recipe in a book or hear about it on Oprah. It's just something I thought I'd try. To see if it makes a difference.

If, after two weeks, I see a difference, maybe I'll continue with it. We'll see.

We're talking no hot dogs, pizza or pretzels at Wrigley Field and no candy or ice cream after lunch at work. This is going to be hard work!

But here's the thing: It's "shorts" season and I'm getting tired of looking down and seeing jello!

Considering I have a bagel for breakfast almost every day and chocolate at least twice a week, you can see that I will have a problem with this. Do you realize how hard it is to avoid white bread when the lunch options in the city revolve around burgers, pizza and sandwiches??

So I am asking you, my lovely, no-doubt healthier-eating readers, to help me plan some meals. Please keep in mind that one cup of fruit in the morning will NOT keep me going until lunchtime!

My ass, abs and thighs thank you!

3 comments:

Caterpillar said...

I'm a terrible eater, so I can't be of much help, but I do like having yogurt and granola in the morning. And if you're just cutting out white bread you could still eat the whole wheat stuff, right?!

Good luck!! But no chocolate will be so hard!

Anonymous said...

MJ, Rika's was experiencing the same problem... doing bootcamp nearly everyday at 5:00 a.m. but not seeing results. However, now she's been eating according to her blood type (it's a book) and even I can see a difference.

Paul the Limey said...

Its always exercise and food modification to get results. But just for the record (and mrs Limey agrees) you look fab. But if you wish to change your weight or look then good luck xxx