Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What.do.you.want?

Looking back on my "date" with The Editor, I don't think I mentioned that I came right out and asked him why he contacted me. Honestly, I didn't give a rat's ass about how the evening ended and if I was being abrupt. I mean JEEZ! we hadn't seen each other in over six years!

His answer?

"Well, I was thinking about you and when that basketball tournament came up, I knew you'd be interested in helping out."

NOT!!!

After the kiss, I knew the out-of-the-blue call had nothing to do with some shitty basketball tournament. But it gets better.

Friday: we met for drinks and dinner.

Saturday: email from The Editor thanking me for meeting him and saying he'll call me soon.

WHY???

On Monday, the other shoe finally dropped. The Editor sent me another email, asking me if I'd be interested in going to a wedding with him in June.

A HA!!

How do I nicely say, "not a chance in hell!"?

1 comment:

Maple said...

That's hilarious! I thought only women felt pressure to have dates for weddings??