Thursday, October 26, 2006

My day...or not

I'm busy at work and my mother calls to tell me that today is "my day." I should explain that my mother has nine (count 'em NINE!) children and takes turns praying for one of them each day. Hence, today is MY day.

I was pretty sure that Tuesday was NOT "my day." How did I know??

  • Arrived at work to a coworker asking me "where's your earring?" Turns out, I lost one of my earrings. Not just any KMart cheap-o costume jewelry earring - - NO! I lost a hand-made pink beaded earring that I bought from a French woman at a craft fair in Australia. Positive spin: will be off to Australia Nov. 4 and may attend same craft fair.
  • I had a date with 3-Minute Guy. Okay, I guess this should be a good thing, but it could be just me and the mood I've been in lately. I'm very stressed about preparing for my trip (with regards to work preparations). He was nice and polite (not trying to grab me or anything), but there was just no chemistry. Maybe I'll post more about the date later, but suffice to say, when I got a parking ticket THREE MINUTES after my coins ran out, I should've taken it as a sign.
  • I got home from date with 3-Minute Guy and decided to sit down and watch the news before I went to bed. Well, I stumbled over my solid wood trunk/coffee table and took a Chevy Chase-worthy tumble that resulted in two stubbed toes and a scraped and black/blue thigh.

Yep, Tuesday was NOT my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hm, maybe she wasn't praying hard enough.