Monday, November 12, 2007

PD is my MD

PORT DOUGLAS, AU - This place is my drug of choice. It's my relaxation medication.

I walk slower here (not SLOW, but slower).

Of course I walk slower here. Walk too fast and you miss the screeching blaze of rainbows as lorikeets race overhead. Swim too fast and you miss the amazing feat of glorious sea creatures that breathe water!

My breathing is slower here. My heartbeat, too.

The sky is much cleaner here and the colors much more vivid. It's like a life-sized allergy commercial where the views are blurry until the allergy medication kicks in and then viola! the world is brighter and clearer. I notice so much of nature here and it's because I'm moving at a slower pace that allows me to absorb all the beauty.

The only thing that doesn't slow for me is time and my time in PD is almost up. Tomorrow is my last day here and then down to Sydney.

sigh

No comments: