Saturday, July 24, 2010

People say the nicest/strangest things

I've been frequenting a store called Brown Elephant. It's very much like an indoor garage sale because the merchandise is donated and the proceeds benefit the gay and lesbian community in my neighborhood (didn't tell you that I live in a gay neighborhood? my bad. Pretty safe for a single hetero girl, methinks.)
I'm all about helping causes...especially when I can find a seasoned cast iron griddle for $5!
Anyway, I was strolling through today when an older black gentleman walked up to me and said something that I didn't quite catch. (I was listening to the Cubs game on my ancient am/fm radio complete with earplug).
"I think it's 'eloquent,'" he said as I removed my ear piece. "Is that how you say it?"
"Um, yes, that's the word," I replied, having no idea what he was talking about.
"You look very eloquent," said the stranger.
So, I have that going for me.

No comments: