Thursday, August 18, 2005

No worries!

72 days and counting! Less than three months until I'm back Down Under!!! What do you mean "back?" Well, yes, I've been to Australia before. Three times, actually. Believe it or not, I took this picture!!

I've been very lucky to be able to be totally hedonistic on my birthday these last five years. My friends aren't as lucky, so I've been flying solo (insert joke here). It's okay, though, because I've managed to meet a TON of fun people on my trips. But why be away from home on my birthday??

(Cue the violins)...As the youngest in a very large family, we didn't have too many birthday parties when I was growing up. I do remember one real party (with cake and ice cream, plus friends and games and prizes). I think I was 8 or 9 years old. Usually, my birthday was pretty much like any other day except we had cake after dinner and I got a gift from my parents. (Oh, and I had to bring cupcakes or candy or whatever to share with my classmates.)

At some point I decided that I would stop waiting for someone else to make my birthday special. I would do it myself. So far, I've been to Australia 3 times, Hawaii once and Buenas Aires once. If you might have guessed, there's a pattern here.


Although years ago I had promised myself not to go to the same place twice, Australia is just too good! (Those of you that have been there know what I mean). But I AM varying things a bit this year as I've decided to hit Perth along with favorites, Port Douglas (near the Great Barrier Reef) and Sydney (landing point in Oz).

Has anyone been to Perth? I've been reading up on it and Perth sounds great with beaches, great restaurants and it's not too far from the Margaret River area (fabulous vineyards)!

Is it too early to stock up on sunscreen?



No comments: