Thursday, August 11, 2005

A special time

I can't decide if I like the recorded messages that I get from my dentist. It's nice to have the reminder with the receptionist's voice inserting my name in the appropriate spot. But it's kinda disappointing to see the little light on my answering machine (I have a message!!) only to hear the impersonal recording. :-((

Recently, I've started to receive them from my doctor's office, too. Like last night. I came home and dialed into my voicemail only to hear the reminder plus "if you can't make your appointment, please call our office as this special time has been reserved just for you."

Okay, WHAT?!?! "Special" is not exactly the word I would use to describe having a medieval-looking metal device shoved into (what my mom calls) my "private area" while I silently count the holes in the ceiling tiles and breathe through my mouth!

Oh, did I mention that my new doctor is cute, blond and single?!?!?! Yeah, that's SPECIAL!

No comments: