Sunday, September 11, 2005

Grab and go

Today is September 11 and I don't know anyone who needs to be reminded of what this day means to Americans. Watching the TV movies showing the collapse of the Twin Towers and the destruction at the Pentagon makes one think of what's important. Thousands of people left for work in the morning, just like any other day. But they never came home.

For more than a week now, we've been hearing the stories of the evacuees from Hurricane Katrina. People in Louisiana and Mississippi left behind their clothes, family photos, all of their wordly belongings and even their beloved family pets to escape the water and save their lives.

If my life were being threatened by wind, water, fire or manmade hostilities, what would I take with me?

What would you take?

1 comment:

Paul the Limey said...

Probably just my address book, as my memories are irreplacable, and my friends likewise.

I was thinking of you throughout the day yesterday especially as the time came and went.

Having shared that experience and its aftermath with you all, it will always remain a powerfull set of stored emotions.

Love from Paul the Limey and family

PS Check out my occasional blog on universalconstant.blogspot.com