Monday, October 03, 2005

No news is good news

Remember Teddy Bear? the Cubs employee with whom I had dinner not once but twice? (Sorry, but I had to write it with correct grammar to illustrate just how mismatched we were.)

I haven't heard anything from him and today is the day he drives back to Miami (where he lives WITH HIS PARENTS AT 43 YEARS OF AGE!!!!) He said that he prefers to drive at night, so he just stays up till about midnight or so and then takes off. Yeah, that's safe!

While they played in Houston, I left a voicemail message on his cell phone that went something like this, "Hi, it's xxxxx, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry things didn't work out with us, but I hope that doesn't mean we can't be friends. I know you've already got about a thousand friends in Chicago, but if you'd like one more, that would be great. If not, I guess I can understand that. Be safe driving home and have a good off-season. Bye."

You knew I'd HAVE to finish this, if not in person, at least on voicemail. And, actually, he was very interesting to talk to especially since he did almost ALL of the talking (including juicy stuff about his colleagues).

Of course, the only guy I've met in the last few years that has an interest in baseball and he turns out to be a Cro-Magnon. Are sports fans and educated men separate species or what?

No comments: