Thursday, October 06, 2005

Unintentional humor..

If I didn't already mention it, I'm a really good shopper. By that I mean, I'm often able to find really good deals. Case in point: I found 1,000 threadcount (!) sheets on a clearance sale on a website called Bluefly.com. Hell! I've never even HEARD of 1,000 threadcount! OOOH, the luxury! the softness!

Anyway, I bought two sets: one queen set for me and one king set for my 77-year-old mom (because I am such a good daughter and I think my mom deserves such luxury! and also, she's the only person I know with a king-sized bed). About my mom: she's old-school, widowed, married in the 1940s, very prim and proper, considers "crap" a swear word. My mom recently remodeled her bedroom, so I thought the new sheets would be perfect for the new look in her room.

I asked my mom if she's used the new sheets yet.
"Not yet," she said.

"Oh, you're waiting for a special occasion?" I asked semi-seriously.

"What would be a special occasion for sheets?" my mom asked in all seriousness, mulling over Christmas with a decorative bedspread.

"Umm..." Could I name names in front of my mom or would that be tacky?

1 comment:

Paul the Limey said...

Possibly slightly tacky, but then if Mom is like you posssibly not.