Monday, November 21, 2005

Homesick? Never heard of the word

SYDNEY- - It is with a heavy heart that I report that today is my last day in Australia. My birthday trip is about to end and no, I'm not "ready to go home" yet. Tomorrow I jump on a plane to Los Angeles and then on to Chicago where it's bitterly cold and crappy.

Fortunately, Mother Nature granted me one last day of sun (or at least SOME sun) and I took advantage and jumped on the ferry over to Manly for a bit of sunbathing. To "top off my tan," as one local put it.

The water was FRIGID, not like the bathwater I dove into in Port Douglas. Needless to say, most of my time was spent on the sand, not in the water.

As I listened to the seagulls cry, the surfers laugh and shout and the waves rush up on shore, I tried to forget that after tomorrow, I'll have to be satisfied to just IMAGINE the warm breezes as I listen to the imitation surf sounds coming from my alarm clock.

Like a child in a toy store, I don't wanna go home yet. I WANNA STAY!!!

1 comment:

Paul the Limey said...

After all the posts about Oz I almost feel as though I have visited myself.

I certainly feel like I want to visit now - so perhaps you need to consider a job working for the Australian Tourist Board ?