Tuesday, June 13, 2006

15 seconds of fame, again

Yep, that's me you're seeing on our public television station in Chicago. According to one viewer/colleague in my office, I am now a celebrity.

Well, I don't know about that.

I think it was last year, I'm not sure. Anyway, I was standing in front of Wrigley Field before a Cubs game (rare occasion, I know) and some guy from Channel 11 came up to me and asked me if I wanted to do a station ID.

Those of you that know me know how shy I am. Wait, wait...I have to stop laughing so I can type this...

Anyway, I watch public television from time to time, so I knew what he was talking about when he asked about the station ID. They appear at the "top of the hour" and usually feature one or two Chicagoans doing whatever (selling hot dogs, delivering newspapers, waiting to buy Cubs tickets) who look at the camera and say, "Hi, I'm ..... You're watching Channel 11, WTTW Chicago" or something to that effect.

When my station ID started appearing last year, I was approached by random people who recognized me. It was pretty weird. The security guard from the building where I work saw the station ID, my aunt who was visiting from Florida saw it (and hence my mom), an ex-boyfriend saw it.

Wonder who will see me this year?

1 comment:

Paul the Limey said...

We don't get WTTW here in Blighty, but please get a technical friend to record it to DVD or something PLEASE