Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Expect great in '08!

That's my mantra for this new year.

Expect great.

It's a big leap for me, right? I know it is, but I think it's time.

I HAVE to start thinking great things or else great things won't happen.

And they WILL happen. This year.

But where to start with all this expected greatness?

Here are some ideas:

  • Smile more. (Tried it the other night at a nice restaurant and not one, not two, but THREE guys wanted to buy me a drink!)
  • Be open to more new things and new people.
  • Keep my mouth shut more (yep, a challenge, I know).
  • Take more chances.
  • Do volunteer work (already signed up for two January events).
  • Get rid of excess crap in my home (by the truckload people!).
  • Create opportunities for more physical exercise (dancing, maybe?)
  • All the little annoyances??? Just let them go!
  • Learn to meditate (Jada?? a little help here please?)
  • Find a job I LIKE! (spoke to career counselors already).
  • Clean house in my relationships (If I lose contact with someone, there's probably a good reason for it. If they want to contact me, they probably know where to find me.)

And if 2009 rolls around and I haven't done all of these things (not just once, but regularly), it will still be okay.

Every little bit helps.

2 comments:

Maple said...

I don't mean to lose contact...I just get distracted easily! We will keep in touch even though I'm in a different country now!!

Paul the Limey said...

Come visit the Limeys in Geneva ???

Keep quiet - come on hun' get real!