Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A new loo!!!

I'm sure I have photos somewhere of my old bathroom, but I can't find them (and I'm not going to stress over it like I used to!) so you'll just have to trust me when I say my new loo is INFINITELY prettier!!!

Okay, picture this: tiny gun-metal gray floor tiles, a commercial toilet (no tank, just a metal flushing handle), a plastic sink with a peeling wood vanity cabinet that rocked if you leaned against it, an old tub with a rusty drain and blue stick-on fish on the tub floor, and the cheapest round-bulb vanity light fixture with one stubborn bulb that always blew out immediately.

Got a good picture in your mind? Okay, now I have this!


For those of you with really good eyes, yes, these photos are ones I've taken on my many travels. I've used the theme 'water.' Seemed appropriate for the setting, doncha think?



The towels are navy blue, not black. I splurged and bought some terribly luxurious Egyptian cotton towels. Seriously, I don't think I could stand up with the weight of these towels when they are wet! Fabulous!




And, yes folks, the vanity countertop is black granite! No more plastic fake marble shit for me. I'm pretty pleased, if I must say so myself.

2 comments:

Maple said...

Much better! I'm very impressed on what you've done and can't wait to visit and enjoy it for myself. :)

Paul the Limey said...

I must pop round sometime to test the facilities.

Most impressed...