Thursday, November 16, 2006

The MJ

SYDNEY - - I decided it wasn't Melbourne, it was me. I was so bummed about the crappy weather that I almost let it keep me from having a great time.

But I bounced back and now I'm in Sydney and it's great. But one more thing about Melbourne...

The MJ drink (as created by the aforementioned Writer and bartender Clare):

Maker's Mark bourbon
Grand Marnier
a touch of fresh lime juice
tonic water
two mint leaves, muddled a bit
a bit of brown sugar (added last and stirred in)

served in a rocks glass that's rimmed in a mixture of lime zest and white sugar.

I don't know if it won the drink contest at Manchester Lane and if so, whether they'll add it to the drink list, but if you're ever in Melbourne...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to send this to the owner/bartender of the lil place I frequent here... see if she'll make it. You never know, if it's good, it's popularity could spread!