Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bloody aussie flys

PERTH - - Walking through King's Park and the Botanic Gardens, I became lunch for one of Australia's least talked-about, but most hated animals!

Flys (I'm going to spell it like the Aussies do).

It's not that there are more of them, but they are without doubt the most aggressive, persistent and annoying of all creatures. And there's a desire to be intimate that I really don't share. Let me explain as I swat away yet another beast.

Oh, by the way, you can't just wave your hand in the general direction of the fly (they just laugh). You have to make actual physical contact with the critter and even then, after you've dropped your hand, the bastard returns to the SAME SPOT as if his work there isn't done yet!

I put my sunglasses on to try to deter one beast from landing on my eyelashes. (Honestly, they love ANY orafice; eyes, ears, mouth. I'd hate the think what would happen on one of Australia's nude beaches.) Even though it's pretty hot outside, I'm afraid to lick my dry lips for fear that one of these insects will fly in and land on a molar!

I've had boyfriends who've tried to close to me like these flys, but the boyfriends gave up sooner! Attitude?!?! I've known Marines will less attitude!

No comments: